List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: sycoca praise + request to a makefile wizard...
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-10-24 16:16:22

On Sun, Oct 24, 1999 at 11:02:52AM -0500, Lotzi Boloni wrote:

>   First: wow! Since the recent commit with the binary search on mimetypes
> (if I got it well) the application startup time is back to where it should
> be. I was afraid that instead the hourglass icon we should go for a
> calendar. That's really kool.
Hehe, thanks.

For the record, the binary search only makes KMimeType::findByURL a _lot_ faster.
It's the whole sycoca design that allows app startup time to improve,
since they don't load any registry at startup anymore.
(Kudos to Waldo for the design !)

BTW, I just committed more stuff to the DESIGN files in libkio and kded.

Wishlist for kdoc : I'd like it to handle DESIGN files in the main page for a lib :)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org