List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KGlobal (was: Re: caption stuff and embeddable components)
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () uermel ! med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       1999-10-23 9:19:05

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Sirtaj Singh Kang wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > - providing KGlobal *KApplication::global()
>
> I'm a bit confused. Right now KGlobal is a namespace only. You want to
> convert it into a real object with virtuals?

Yes, but you *have* to do this for embeddable components, that's why
Torben wrote KLibGlobal, which is used as object.

However the fact that there are two 99% similar interface, KGlobal and
KLibGlobal, and the additional fact that currently attributes like
app/component name, icon, etc. are only available through KApplication
(which makes it impossible to provide this for embeddable components
through shlibs) brought up the idea mentioned in the previous mail.

Ciao,
 Simon