List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: CVS ?
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () CRAMER ! CO ! UK>
Date:       1999-10-22 15:39:46

> Hi,
>
> I can not checking my stuff :-(
"check in" :)

> I get network errors in Kiel :-(((
>
> However, Simon please checkin the kidl generated files, since
> kidl must be in the path to make stuff compile and for many
> people it is not (using KDE1.1.x).

But then they must have had the same problem with cuteidl...
Anybody compiling kdebase/koffice/... should add $KDEDIR/bin to their
$PATH, just like they must have done with cuteidl, and just like they
have to fix KDEDIR, QTDIR, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ...

As long as the Makefiles run kidl, I think it's fine.
In kspread yesterday, the generated files were not there and kidl was _not_
run by the Makefiles. That's a real problem.
Calling kidl on compilation ensures that the idl file and the files
generated from it are always in sync.

> I want to do for KSpread, but nothing works ....
>
> .... and I fixed the kspread and tools Makefiles to generate
> real modules ....
>
> Bye
> Torben
>
> Who hates Kiel and wants to checking ....
"check in" :)

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer