List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    QAction
From:       weis <weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de>
Date:       1999-10-22 11:23:12

Hi,

Since I dont like the way KAction inherits from QAction
(by copying most of QAction code in the new class)
I thought about a better API of QAction.

It will work like this:

class QAction
{
public:
   setText( const QString& text );
protected:
   setText( int index, const QString& text );
}:

If QAction is plugged in some container it does not understand
(KToolBar for example) it calls the second setText function
with the index of the container in the first argument.

That should dramtically reduce the code in KAction and friends.

What do you think ?

Bye
Torben