List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: koffice and new libkio
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () CRAMER ! CO ! UK>
Date:       1999-10-21 13:17:00

> Hi!
> I "ported" koffice to new libkio, but at some places I didnīt know what
todo.
> And so the koffice parts which are loaded as shared libs do not work at
the
> moment, because of some mime-type lookup problems. If I would have more
time at
> the moment Iīd look into it myself but for now I just put there a
>
> #warning "David, please fix me"
>
> So, David or whoever knows more about it, please have a look there.

#warning "David, please fix me"
//     KRegistry* registry = new KRegistry;
//     registry->load();
//     KRegistry::self()->addFactory( new KServiceTypeFactory );
//     KRegistry::self()->addFactory( new KServiceFactory );

There is no more initialisation required.
Just remove it all.
BWT, you didn't use my script I see :)
(although it would have left some of the lines above, it would have at least
removed all unnecessary includes)...

I'll cleanup tonight, but meanwhile, you can remove all registry stuff
and ask me for anything else you want to know.

> Then, Simon, please update koshell for the libkio changes and Torben,
KSpread
> doesnīt compile at all at the moment, but thatīs not related to libkio.
Could

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer