List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: keditctrl widget needs work!
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-10-20 12:13:15

This is fantastic news, I really wanted this feature.

I am willing to have a go at doing the clean up. I assume it's a few
hours laborious but fairly simple work.

Which version of QT do I need? I'm assuming I'll need the latest from CVS, and
the Oct 9 snapshot is out of date (which I just downloaded a few hours ago).

I assume I should just read the current kedit source code to generate an
exhaustive set of features (actually I would like to add shift-delete cut and
shift-insert pasting).

There are actually two keditctl cpp files in kdelibs/kdeui should I update
both, (there seems to be duplicated code there, keditcl1, keditcl2). I'm not to
sure what's the story there.

The other feature I want is undo/redo perhaps we can talk about this once I
have finished reimplementing the old functionality (I already have undo/redo
working in one app I have written, it uses a pretty general undo/redo class
based on the command and singletion design patterns, there doesn't seem to be
any infrastructure to support undo/redo in kdelibs,).

One final thing, I am working here under the assumption that you have added
proper word wrapping, rather than just the automatic line breaking that kedit
currently support (ie it distinguishes between hard and soft line breaks).

BFN,
Don.

BTW I have a ton of stuff to check in, is there any chance of you getting back
to me about the QListView licensing stuff? At least a stay alive message would
be nice.