List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Message from Red Hat (RMS Linux)
From:       Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero () redhat ! de>
Date:       1999-10-20 8:03:44

Sorry from Red Hat for the poorly worded RMS Linux announcement - I'll
make sure it gets fixed on the website.

Here's what Bob Young says:

Bernhard,

You are welcome to apologize on my behalf for the badly worded
announcement.  We should clearly be supporting the Troll-Tech folks
in their decision to open source their 2.0 and later versions, and be
very precise that our concern - and the concern of the Free Software
Foundation to whom we are donating the proceeds of RMS Linux - is
with the semi-closed license on the pre-2.0 versions of Qt.

If you need us to reissue that release please contact Melissa London
<melissa@redhat.com> our PR manager, and Russ Mitchell <russ@redhat.com>
who is responsible for content on the web,  with your suggested
re-wording and they'll get it out.

Thanks,    Bob.

Phone 919-547-0012 x227			Fax   919-547-0027
P.O. Box 13588				email: bob@redhat.com
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709	http://www.redhat.com