Hello, One of the points I've seen explained in this whole Canossa/KOM/OP/CuteIDL thing (I still don't get it all ;-) is that if you wanted to provide the possibility to write a component that didn't use Qt, it was before kinda possible (if you reimplemented OP using Gtk) and that it is now still possible (if you reimplement Canossa?). Now, I can see why reimplementing the Qt app through IDL (OP) was a pain. But, I think there is a small solution: Implementing a small generic GUI toolkit through a IDL interface. For example, suppose someone (I am 80% done ;-) implemented GraphApp over Qt http://www.cs.su.oz.au/~loki/graphapp/ Its a very small toolkit. It evolves slowly. It should not be terribly hard to expose over IDL. So, would it make sense to do so? Comments? PS: I am going to finish implementing GraphApp/Qt (and GraphApp/KDE) anyway just to provide a reasonable C binding for KDE, so this argument is orthogonal to that. ("\''/").__..-''"`-. . Roberto Alsina `9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-._.`) ralsina@unl.edu.ar (_Y_.)' ._ ) `._`. " -.-' Centro de Telematica _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.' Universidad Nacional del Litoral (l)-'' ((i).' ((!.' Santa Fe - Argentina KDE Developer (MFCH) Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)