List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    IDEA: Netscape plugin API as a Canossa component
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-10-11 17:07:43

Now that we are moving to a shared library approach, I think it should
be possible to port the Netscape plugin API to KDE. This would give us
access to commercial plugins that are only distributed as binaries such
as RealPlayer, the Acrobat plugin etc. I don't see much gain in porting
the whole thing (eg. access to the internal structure of the HTML document
as used in Composer plugins), but most plugins only use a subset of the
API anyway.

Has anyone got the time and the knowledge to write a basic description
of how to create a new Canossa component? This would help me immensely
and would also be useful for the developer site.

Cheers

Rich.
--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk