List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Checkin of new Koffice
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-10-06 14:44:59

On Wed, 06 Oct 1999, Lotzi Boloni wrote:
>> >Embedding becomes really useful. It is stable and so fast that
>> >the user gets the impression KOffice is one big application.
>> >I have the lucky feeling that Canossa was the was to go :-)
>>
>> Sounds great Torben!!!!!!!!! :-)
>>
>> Anyway: As I guess with this checkin the KOffice apps which are not ported yet,
>> do not compile with canossa until they are ported, IŽd really prefer if you
>> could check the new stuff in into a new branch or into a new module. Or was
>> this the plan anyway? :-)
>
>  Hey, please don't do that!
>
> Even if it is not compiling for some days it is better that way, because
>at least we know where some work is needed and do it fast. I will port
>kchart in at most three days, once the other stuff is commited.

The branch or modul should only exist for the time of porting the apps. So your
agrument against another branch of module is not valid :-) Torben and me made
already made a very bad experience when we once wanted to do a big port and
just broke KOffice.

So as there is much more code in KOffice than just kchart which has to be
ported, it makes it just easier to port the stuff if you do it in two
modules/branches as you have always still a working version around.

--
Reggie