List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: A new framework for embedding ... without CORBA
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-10-04 9:41:09

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Graham TerMarsch wrote:

> Roberto Alsina wrote:
> > On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Graham TerMarsch wrote:
> > > However, for the application that I'm working on I'm also going to be needing
> > > to be able to do things like "get me all the 'x' header lines for the
> > > newsgroup" (xhdr), as well as being able to do just a "head" request to get
> > > the header information for a specific news article posting (e.g. Lines,
> > > Subject, From, etc).  This is where I'm not quite sure how it fits together
> > > right; presuming that a 'HEAD' request can be done (similarly to a 'HEAD'
> > > request in HTTP), should that result in the value returned being the actual
> > > header of the message itself?
> >
> > You mean if NNTP has a HEAD command? Yes (or is it HEADER?) anyway, it
> > returns the real full headers. But for that kind of data you should
> > probably use XOVER :-)
>
> I don't recall it having any sort of "HEAD" or "HEADER" command in NNTP, but
> know that theres the "XHDR" extension that lets you get certain header lines.
> Either way, though, it did make me wonder how to map the various NNTP commands
> onto some sort of kioslave.

HEAD seems to work here. Syntax just like ARTICLE. I used this to make
servers without XOVER work.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)