Kurt Granroth wrote: > > Waldo Bastian wrote: > > Given the recent discussion about multi-threading the following might > > be of interest: > > > > Request For Comments: KThread > > Sounds interesting. Were you planning on writing the thread stuff > yourself (no no no) or have KThread be a wrapper class for an existing > thread package (yes yes yes)? > > When you're making your decision about which thread package to use, > remember that posix threads just won't cut it. Off the top of my > head, I know that libc5 (read: all non-new distros) does *not* have > pthreads. I'm sure that quite a few more platforms are similar. There is also Netscapes nspr lib, which implements threading on various platforms. If there is no native threading support it emulates it, I think. But I cannot say what it's license is, right now. Greets Michael -- Michael Reiher Student at Dresden University of Technology Department of Computer Science email: michael.reiher@gmx.de