List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Request For Comments: KThread
From:       Kurt Granroth <kurt_granroth () email ! mot ! com>
Date:       1999-09-30 17:57:40

Waldo Bastian wrote:
> Given the recent discussion about multi-threading the following might
> be of interest:
>
> Request For Comments: KThread

Sounds interesting.  Were you planning on writing the thread stuff
yourself (no no no) or have KThread be a wrapper class for an existing
thread package (yes yes yes)?

When you're making your decision about which thread package to use,
remember that posix threads just won't cut it.  Off the top of my
head, I know that libc5 (read: all non-new distros) does *not* have
pthreads.  I'm sure that quite a few more platforms are similar.

GNU Pth might be a good one.  It's written by the author of nps (or
whatever one Roberto is using for newkrn).
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth