On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, David Faure wrote: > > Our master Torben has once more improved KDE's framework by .... > rewriting what used to be openparts, without using CORBA anymore, > just plain shared libraries. The benefits are huge, as you all guess, > and this is something we should consider very seriously. > Please note that this DOESN'T mean removing CORBA all together. > We still need it for all the other cases where we use it right now : > talking to a running application (kfmclient<->konqueror/kdesktop, kmail, ...) > and scripting an application (which is the same kind of thing in fact). So instead of moving to an open standard for desktop components we move closer to a Qt/TrollTech-only solution? Waldo