On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Richard Moore wrote: > I was thinking the other day that it would be nice to have a class > analogous KStandardDirs that allowed access to some common apps. For > example kfiledialog and kfm both have an option to run kfind - it would > be nice if we could make this a more general facility. For example I > think we should be able to: > > - Run find on a directory > - Open a mailer with a specified mail address > - Open a URL > - Open a terminal > - Your idea here > > Centralising this would allow people to write plugin replacements if > they don't want to use the standard KDE applications. It should be trivial > to implement. What do you think? Good idea. --Stefan