List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KTMainWindow, setCaption, Help menu ...
From:       Espen Sand <espensa () online ! no>
Date:       1999-09-28 10:36:45

Some issues

1. I am going to reimplement setCaption() and add setPlainCaption() in
KTMainWindow as I have done in KDialog so that we get proper captions. It will
quite sure make some strange captions in the beginning, but I think it is best
to do it ASAP.

2. The Help menu. I assume kapp can not include any stuff from kdeui. The new
"About KDE" dialog is more or less ready (a), but it definitely depends on kdeui
(KDialogBase). Would it be an an idea to move the std help menu setup to
KTMainWindow (while keeping the old in kapp, for now)?

The "old" getHelpMenu() in kapp should then be modified with a runtime
warning (to stdout) that tell how to change the code.

(a) Well not quite, I need to do some redesigning (perhaps modify the
KAboutDialog class) first.

--
Espen Sand