List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    IDEA: KStandardApps
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-09-27 11:44:26

I was thinking the other day that it would be nice to have a class
analogous KStandardDirs that allowed access to some common apps. For
example kfiledialog and kfm both have an option to run kfind - it would
be nice if we could make this a more general facility. For example I
think we should be able to:

- Run find on a directory
- Open a mailer with a specified mail address
- Open a URL
- Open a terminal
- Your idea here

Centralising this would allow people to write plugin replacements if
they don't want to use the standard KDE applications. It should be trivial
to implement. What do you think?

Rich.
--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk