List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RE: cuteidl
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-09-21 17:50:37

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 07:41:59PM +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (moving private discussions to the lists :)
Good :)

> I just had a look at the idl-array mapping of MICO and I think we should
> consider dropping it completely. Using it with QArray is not possible
> (because QArray is freely resizeable, and this would break the
> marshallers I think) and dropping it would mean that we can get rid of yet
> another included header with yet more template definitions (array.h) .
>
> As David also said: We don't use it in KDE, and our sequence mapping is a
> more than a wonderful replacement :-) .
>
> Opinions?
Well, I agree with myself :)
For those who don't know : the idl-array mapping is about things like
// IDL
typedef string myarray[5];
Well, we never do that.

> Something else coming to my mind: IIRC Torben mentioned that he moved the
> IR out of libmico in his tinyMICO patches.
What exactly is tinyMICO ? We hear about it, but ...

> However cuteidl relies on the IR, and as cuteidl is not integrated in the
> MICO source tree, we can't link against something like a statically
> compile ir implementation.
>
> So what shall we do?

"Moved IR out of mico" means put in a separate lib ?
That would solve the problem, wouldn't it ?
(cuteidl linked to libmicoir and all the kde apps NOT linked to it)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org