List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ktoolbar.h
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-09-21 11:17:45

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Navindra Umanee wrote:
>There seems to be some common functionality between kmenubar and
>ktoolbar, any chance of putting that in a common super class?  I'm
>referring to the flat/float behavior.  Tweaking ktoolbar seems to
>require (to get consistent behavior) a separate similar tweak to
>kmenubar and that doesn't quite seem right.

Yeees! That what I was threatening to do for a long long time and I had even
some code (which is quite deprecated now and design was not good) for that.

Obviously there is a need as I called them:
KToolBase -	base class for tools. Implements  embedding ,floating, dragging,
		resizing and basic interface for layout in KTMW , and basic XDND
		signaling.
KMenuBar - 	Inherits KToolBase; implements embedding QMenuBar into
		KToolBase  and relays QmenuBar interface.
KToolBar -	inherits KToolBase; implements toolbar as we know it: fixed
		height and various width items ; implements  dragable buttons
		(items)
KToolBox - 	inherits KToolBase; implements  any item of any size;

and:
KToolBarButton has evolved in complex class - we should think to put all
it's features in KButton

The problem is that I have very little time and to make things worse I organize
it poorly  :-(e6

  --
Sven Radej      radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org