On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 04:43:26PM +0200, Daniel Naber wrote: > On Sam, 18 Sep 1999, Matthias Elter wrote: > > > I discussed this with Simon yesterday and we agreed on starting with the > > codegen-qt and perhaps implement the shlibs thingy later. I have some > > free time this weekend and I'm going to help with the implementation. > > What will that mean for simple CORBA "servers" that don't use any Qt > stuff and that don't have a GUI at all (i.e. I'm not asking about > real components)- will these also have to switch to Qt bindings? no no... The communication between any CORBA objects is done using IIOP, which is binding-independent. It's only where you want to implement CORBA objects using Qt that you'll decide to use Qt bindings. -- David FAURE david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today