List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: the MICO/CORBA issue.
From:       Daniel Naber <dnaber () mini ! gt ! owl ! de>
Date:       1999-09-18 14:43:26

On Sam, 18 Sep 1999, Matthias Elter wrote:

> I discussed this with Simon yesterday and we agreed on starting with the
> codegen-qt and perhaps implement the shlibs thingy later. I have some
> free time this weekend and I'm going to help with the implementation.

What will that mean for simple CORBA "servers" that don't use any Qt
stuff and that don't have a GUI at all (i.e. I'm not asking about
real components)- will these also have to switch to Qt bindings?

Hopefully not, since that would mean you can only use "KDE-CORBA"
with KDE, not other CORBA services. Today, that's not important, but
someday there will hopefully be CORBA services all over the net - and
these do not want to implement a special KDE version.

Regards
 Daniel

--
PGP Key fingerprint = 3D 98 9E D2 00 B6 E0 9D  7E B9 77 23 17 E2 11 6A