List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Important style/theme info
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-09-12 1:37:21

I have started rewriting and extending KXXStyle. A lot of things are new
including a new config file format that should be much more readable and with
features such as copying attributes from one widget to another, better drawing
code, and different configurations for widgets in different states. There are
also some other treats in there that people have asked for :)

I fixed a lot bugs, and introduced a lot of new ones. The bugs I know of
include kcontrol modules will segfault on exit if you switch tabs really fast
(I thought this was a cache problem but isn't), and dynamic theme changing via
kcmdisplay is currently broken and disabled (use settheme). Also, the problem
with System and KPanel remains, I have solved this temporarily by not using
experimental features in the theme. I also thought this was a cache
issue but doesn't seem to be :( GoldGradient has been removed until I update it
to the new format (does anyone use this)?

*** This code should be considered alpha quality again since a lot is new and
I have not tested it much. Use at your own risk. ***

Anyways, you can see one of my obscenely large screenshots at:
http://www2.jorsm.com/~mosfet/images/newshot.jpg

Since a lot of the code involves more items that respond to user actions the
shot doesn't really does justice, but it's neat nonetheless. I will update my
site in the next few days.

The last big feature to add is alpha masked (not blended ;-) pixmapped borders
for most widgets. And the never completed because I keep changing things
designer...

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com