List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: 1.1.2 (was: Re: KDE_1_1_BRANCH: kdeadmin)
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-09-08 7:53:42

"Dirk A. Mueller" wrote:

> > Thanks for respecting the decision of the release dude.
>
> I always thought Matthias Hoelzer is the release dude, because there
> was quite some release confusion the time when KDE 1.1.1 was about to
> release. But maybe I've also missed that thread where this has changed.

Dirk - you're completly right. The release would have been named
1.2 if not kdevelop died in the week before. We didn't know that
when we released. As soon as it was clear, that kdevelop won't
be ready in time - Matthias asked the PR dudes and they agreed
that without kdevelop it doesn't make sense to go to 1.2. The
main argument has always been to push kdevelop. Everyone knew the
arguments and it was a decision of a couple of guys (at maximum
6) - this is elected democracy without election :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
KDEDIR is dead, long lives KDEDIRS - the winner takes it all