List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KQuickHelp replacement (was: kdevelop/kdevelop)
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-09-07 20:30:42

On Tue, 07 Sep 1999, Dirk A. Mueller wrote:
>Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie@troll.no> wrote:
>
>> What is unstable and what is slow?
>
>If I know exactly what's the cause, I would write a bugreport. ;)
>
>However I'm experiencing some strange problems using QMultiLineEdit and
>QPushButton. But they might not be related to those classes, I don't
>know.
>
>It paints random grey "boxes" in QMultiLineEdit windows, it "forgets"
>sometimes to draw the text or parts of it

This could be a result of some "optimations" in QMultiLineEdit. I'll talk to
Matthias ASA he comes back from vacation.

>and QPushButton ignores
>->hide() under some strange circumstances (reproducible).
>
>besides that, dozens of documentation bugs.
>
>> the QFileDialog is URL based,
>
>btw, QUrl doesn't accept "filename.txt" as valid url any more ?

Ups, fixed now :-) Was the result of the rewrite of the parser.

>> and we are working on making whole Qt network transparent.
>
>Hey, does that mean we wouldn't need the kio layer anymore?

I guess it will provide more or less the same, yes.

>how are the things done? async?

async of course (works already nice in the filedialog with e.g. ftp)

>> you can edit rich text with QRichTextEdit
>
>That's exactly I'm searching for!!! how could I miss it?
>
>ahh, it's not documented :(

I think it's not committed to the public source tree yet.

>> QListView has been polished, ...
>
>can it set some icons in the column headers to indicate the sorting
>automatically?

Oh, I wanted to do that already. Thanx for reminding me, will do it soon :-)

--
Reggie