List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: STabCtl
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-09-01 8:18:57

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Espen Sand wrote:

> I have decided that I will try to use this tab widget in khexedit. I have
> talked with Judin Maxim (novaprint) and told him that I will make documentation
> for the widget. Hopefully this will be easy after I have used it. I will have
> to port it to QT-2/KDE-2 first since I always make new features for
> khexedit-kde2 first ;)
>
> The point with all this is that STabCtl could go into kdeui after that. Any
> objections?

Yes. Have you looked at the code? It is simply QTabBar with
some additions. I think we should at least ask the trolls
before we put such stuff into CVS.

The other point is that STabCtl is not derived from QTabBar,
so you can't use it in QTabWidget. I wanted to use it in the
new control center (I have ported it to HEAD, I can send you
the source if you want.), but this was what finally stopped
me.

I think we should either write a scrollable tab bar derived
from QTabBar, or provide a patch for Qt to incorporate. Just
cut & pat and duplicating code while getting incompatible is
not a good idea IMHO.

Bye,
Matthias.