List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KConfig And Empty Strings
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1999-08-31 14:43:45

Hi !

I would like to see KConfig having the capability to store empty strings
(without tricks like quoting them) as it did have in KDE 1.x.

The way it works now a "Key=" entry will treated as non-existant since
QString::right(0) returns a Null string. This causes quite some problems
if readEntry() is called with a default value. If the user/programmer
cleared the content of an edit field, saved it, all subsequent
readEntry("Key", "Default") calls will restore the default again.

What do you think ? I really would like to revert to the behaviour of
treating "Key=" as empty. Otherwise some wrapper functions will be
needed to work around this behaviour.

Harri.