List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KTabListBox
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-08-30 17:25:20

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
>
>> Ok, I still don't understand your problem, as you can still solve that with
>> pointers to items instead of indices. But if you think the (IMO ugly) QList
>> solution is the best, do it.
>>
>No. Then I'd have to map everywhere the pointer to the index. Again:
>QListview isn't my only view.

I know that already :-) But I think you don't need indices at all, I mean for
each type of view you have [Q|K]WhatEverTheViewIsCalledItem class which is used
for the items. So work with pointers only, no index mappings are needed.

But maybe I just don't get the problem. I mean the QFileDIalog also has 2
views, sorting is done view independent in QDir (at least for the local
filesystem) and it does autocomplete and you can sort the listview by clicking
on the header and no indices are needed and it is done using pointers and it
even works and it has even more features :-))))

--
Reggie