"Dirk A. Mueller" wrote: > > Stephan Kulow wrote: > > > Who put the obsolete warning in ktablistbox header? > > me. > > > Not that I mind to get rid of it, but it's API is > > rather very different from the one of QListView, > > so the porting isn't that easy. > > that's right. If porting would be easy, I would have done it myself and > committed it instead of putting the obsolete warning into the header > file ;) > > > Has someone a tip how to get an easy mapping from integer->item in > > that row without iterating over the whole list each time (which > > should get way too slow)? > > yes: don't use such a mapping. It is unnecessary. and btw it is faulty, > as the mapping may change when the sort order is changed by the user. > > I know libkfile relies on such a mapping. I tried to fix it for some > hours, but ended up deleting the modifications and put a "redesign the > way libkfile tries to handle the files" on my TODO list. > > Note that currently libkfile rebuilds the list whenever sort-order is > changed. QListView makes that obsolete. > But QListView isn't the only view. How often do I have to repeat that? Greetings, Stephan -- Programmers, heed this: If someone starts asking you about agricultural genomes, it's likely time to get a handler. zdnet.com about Torvalds