List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KTabListBox
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-08-29 23:19:46

Stephan Kulow <coolo@caldera.de> wrote:

> Who put the obsolete warning in ktablistbox header?

me.

> Not that I mind to get rid of it, but it's API is
> rather very different from the one of QListView,
> so the porting isn't that easy.

that's right. If porting would be easy, I would have done it myself and
committed it instead of putting the obsolete warning into the header
file ;)

> Has someone a tip how to get an easy mapping from integer->item in
> that row without iterating over the whole list each time (which
> should get way too slow)?

yes: don't use such a mapping. It is unnecessary. and btw it is faulty,
as the mapping may change when the sort order is changed by the user.

I know libkfile relies on such a mapping. I tried to fix it for some
hours, but ended up deleting the modifications and put a "redesign the
way libkfile tries to handle the files" on my TODO list.

Note that currently libkfile rebuilds the list whenever sort-order is
changed. QListView makes that obsolete.

--
Dirk A. Mueller