Torsten Rahn wrote: > > > share/icons/locolor > > share/icons/hicolor > > share/icons/large > > share/icons/mini > > Yes! Great idea! Sounds good to me as well. > > and no icons itself in share/icons. What we would > > need is a way to let KIconLoader pick the best > > default. This way it would even be very easy to > > introduce alternative icon schemes (say other window > > managers come with a decent collection...). > > Shouldn't icon-themes appear in the home-directory > ( ~/.kde/share/icons ... ) ? Better not. Think about systems with a large user base. With the new loading mechanism every user would/could be free to override system icons with local ones. > In addition to that we should adopt another naming- > scheme for icons -- Something like: > > icon-device-cdrom.png > icon-mime-image.png I agree that type specifix prefixes like 'device' or `mime' would be useful but I don't see the need of a common one like `icon'. Harri.