On Sat, 28 Aug 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote: >Reginald Stadlbauer wrote: >> >> On Sat, 28 Aug 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote: >> >Hi! >> > >> >Thanks to QApplication::installTranslator, we do have now >> >the possibility to translate all QObject::tr calls. The >> >Qt print dialog looks quite nicely now translated to German. >> >And another nice side effect is, that QAccel translates >> >menu entries now. Which looks rather professional as German >> >keyboards don't have Ctrl, but Strg. >> > >> >I'm a bit concerned about extracting the pot file from Qt >> >sources, but I couldn't find an official translation template, >> >so ran xgettext -ktr -C */*.cpp within Qt and removed some >> >string we do not need within KDE to not confuse translators >> >too much (wondered myself what "Scope/Key" could mean :) >> > >> >Just to keep those not reading kde-cvs uptodate ;) >> >> You should run findtr on the qt-sources. This is included in qt. You will get >> then the pot file. >> >But this doesn't help me at all as I need it in gettext format >(without the scope). It's not the technical part that concerns me, >but the license/copyright part. Don't ask me about licenses :-) But seriously, what's the problem? >And I know what the Scope and the Key is, but how to translate >"Scope/Key" to german. And I bet, that "pure" translators would >have a real problem if they're asked to translate it. So I better >removed qdeveloper.cpp messages. I don't see a problem with scopes. Just translate QFileDIalog::Some Message to QFileDIalog::Eine Nachricht :-) but ok, if this is not compatible with the rest of the KDE messages, I understand that this is a problem. -- Reggie