List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    translation of Qt
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-08-28 15:59:03

Hi!

Thanks to QApplication::installTranslator, we do have now
the possibility to translate all QObject::tr calls. The
Qt print dialog looks quite nicely now translated to German.
And another nice side effect is, that QAccel translates
menu entries now. Which looks rather professional as German
keyboards don't have Ctrl, but Strg.

I'm a bit concerned about extracting the pot file from Qt
sources, but I couldn't find an official translation template,
so ran xgettext -ktr -C */*.cpp within Qt and removed some
string we do not need within KDE to not confuse translators
too much (wondered myself what "Scope/Key" could mean :)

Just to keep those not reading kde-cvs uptodate ;)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Programmers, heed this: If someone starts asking you about
agricultural genomes, it's likely time to get a handler.