List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KTabListBox
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-08-28 13:26:40

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >Hi!
> >
> >Who put the obsolete warning in ktablistbox header?
> >Not that I mind to get rid of it, but it's API is
> >rather very different from the one of QListView,
> >so the porting isn't that easy. Has someone a tip
> >how to get an easy mapping from integer->item in
> >that row without iterating over the whole list
> >each time (which should get way too slow)?
>
> I fear there is no way to do this. But for what do you need it?

The file dialog has a view class which gets the files
in a sorted list. The sorting is done by another class,
so the views don't have to worry about that itself.

But to do to the abstraction from the specific view, I
use the index of the file for example for the completion
or the preselection. All the view gets is highlight(24).
This was no problem with any other class we had so far
that displays lists. But Q_List_View displays _trees_
and it just happens to be a flat tree in kfile, but it's
definitly no list ;(

Greetings, Stephan

--
Programmers, heed this: If someone starts asking you about
agricultural genomes, it's likely time to get a handler.