Stephan Kulow wrote: > > Richard Moore wrote: > > > > Stephan Kulow wrote: > > > > > > pbrown@redhat.com wrote: > > > > > > > > Why is there so much duplication between the kfile and konq libraries? > > > > Doesn't it seem like we should collapse the two into one? One example is > > > > the KFileInfo that is in the kfile library. While it's API is different, > > > > it is very similar to the KFileItem that is in libkonq. > > > > > > > > It seems that much of what is available only in kdebase/libkonq should > > > > maybe move into kdelibs? > > > > > > > KFileInfo is really an internal class of the file dialog. It's just a > > > container > > > that is passed from the engine (KDir) to the view (KFileInfoContents). I > > > see > > > no real reason to change this. > > > > The KFileInfo API is almost exactly the same as QFileInfo. It makes it > > easy to port Qt code that only worked on local files to KDE by making it > > easy to extend the code to cover URLs. > > > But from what I remember, KFileInfo didn't work well without KDir and > doesn't > cover all features QFileInfo has. True, but that's because at the time the focus was on the file dialog. I'm planning to work on this a bit when I write the kpsion backup program. Rich. > > Greetings, Stephan > > -- > Better give your hours some more life than > your life some more hours. - anonymous -- Richard Moore rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk http://www.robocast.com/ richard@robocast.com http://developer.kde.org/ rich@kde.org