On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Cristian Tibirna wrote: > Hi > > Does it make any sense that I add ability in kpanel that will build a > submenu called Swallow under ^K/Panel/ ? This menu will summarize all the > *.desktop files containing a valid SwallowExec= entry (like xload, xclock > etc.) parsed during ^K menu building (on startup). I like this idea too, although I think something like "Embed in KPanel" is more new user-friendly. We of course all know what swallowing means, but I don't know if it's obvious to brand new users. I would also like to redesign the swallow entries in the Execute properties tab (mostly for the ultra-cool SizeInPanel entry that Pietro did awhile ago), so if you are looking at that also drop me a mail. > > And, just that we don't forget: > > - removing swallowed apps from kpanel isn't possible (applications are > stopped, but the icon - and the kpanelrc entry - remain) > > - there wasn't yet decision on how to handle global/local > desktop/exec/mimetype files. Thus, trying to edit properties of a kpanel > icon isn't of any good. > > Thanks for your attention (and yes, I know, the one who codes gets right > to speak). > > > Cristian Tibirna -- Daniel M. Duley - Unix developer & sys admin. mosfet@kde.org mosfet@jorsm.com