List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Kcontrol applet
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-08-11 14:58:19

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Jo Dillon wrote:

> Cristian Tibirna (ctibirna@total.net) spake thusly:
> > On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Jo Dillon wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, I have a kcontrol applet which allows setting the mouse cursor on
> > > the root window. It's functional for what it does (though I've not had
> > > time to add some other features) - should I upload it to incoming so
> > > people can take a look at it, or commit it straight to CVS?
> > >

> > Couldn't it be added to the already existing mouse config in kcontrol
> > (kcminput)?
>
>   Hmm. Possibly, as an extra tab. Will people know to look there?
> It seems more of a  'desktop appearance' or 'style' thing than
> a 'mouse' thing. Perhaps it should go in the theme manager *thinks*

"Extra" tabs appear as distinct entries in the ^K/Settings submenu and in
the the kcontrol. And you can make these entries appear wherever you want
in the menu, independently on which app they really pertain to. Advantage
will be that you save some bits :-) . Of course, this is not so important.
You're right that this is more of a style thing. So, please don't waste
any other time with merging. Just commit.

Cristian