List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The KDE about dialog
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-08-10 11:38:53

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Espen Sand wrote:

> 1. Are there any plans for improving the  std. "about KDE" dialog box?
> If not then I am going to make a new for use in khexedit. It will be quite
> similar to the "About khexedit" I use now.

This segfaults in latest CVS.

> A General page with the
> info that are in the "About KDE" dialog now, but with working urls and perhaps
> a  "License agreement " page (and the dialog will be modeless)
>
> 2. Is it possible to move the std GPL license agreement into a lib and make it
> accessible through a method returning a QString? It is used in a number of
> programs.

Hmmm! It's really too few lines of code to really deserve a lib. In turn,
what happens if a majority group decides to change the text of the license
provided by that library? You come back and change your program to keep
your original wanted license?

BTW, please, those throwing an eye on this message, take a look at the
latest khexedit in CVS-HEAD. It's marvelous. Espen did an excellent job.
Congrats, Espen.

Cristian

Cristian Tibirna     : ctibirna@total.net     : www.total.net/~ctibirna
PhD Student          : ctibirna@gch.ulaval.ca : web.gch.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna