pbrown@redhat.com wrote: > > > Extended the kdesktopfile class so that it does config "shadowing" and > > > "merging" like a regular KConfig. It is now a thin wrapper on top of > > > KConfig instead of KSimpleConfig, which simply disables kdeglobals > > > parsing, sets the resource type to "apps" instead of "config", sets the > > > desktop group as default, and then provides some convenience methods. On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote: > > Hmm, have you tried that with NFS? You mean you start for each .desktop > > file a recursive findAllResources? Try that with some dozen .desktop > > files and mesure the file accesses. Just for the fun of it. pbrown@redhat.com wrote: > If an absolute path name is given, no recursive search will be performed. > But I don't see how we are going to do all this new "panel merging menu > magic" without this. Note that you don't need a _recursive_ findAllResources if you store the .desktop files in a flat directory. Cheers, Waldo Bastian bastian@kde.org -- The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"