List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kded
From:       Daniel Naber <dnaber () mini ! gt ! owl ! de>
Date:       1999-07-21 22:02:44

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> Yes, CORBA over networks is nice, but we don't have to forget the
> security aspect! In fact the current issue about different ways of
> IPC for kded is not really related to this because kded now uses a
> unix domain socket for communication for a while now.

Sorry for being so clueless, but I didnīt get whatīs the actual
problem. Is it that everybody would be able to connect everybodies
kded over the internet?

If so, what about a server mode that explicitly allows this. People
who want to provide a public kded (plus some services) could call kded
with this option. They have to know "if something is broken in kded,
somebody might hack my system". Just as it is with any other server
software.

Regards
 Daniel

--
PGP Key fingerprint = 3D 98 9E D2 00 B6 E0 9D  7E B9 77 23 17 E2 11 6A