List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KSharedPtr
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-07-21 8:58:41

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> -> I did not want to "kill" this discussion
> => I still see sense in your KShared proposal.

Ok.

I have changed the existing KSharedPtr to QSharedPtr
and made a new KSharedPtr which can be used for objects
derived from KShared. I've adapted kded and kio/kservice
to use this new classes. Bascially it should never be
necassery to use ref() / unref() explicitly any more.
(And I have renamed them as well)

KScript looks like a good candidate to move to these
new classes as well.. it currently uses its own KSSharedPtr
(Double S)

I haven't commited yet since I wanted to do some tests
with kded first.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"