On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Jo Dillon wrote: > Stefan Taferner (taferner@salzburg.co.at) spake thusly: > > > A facility for importing bitmap files from a paint tool - they'd need > > > to be 1bpp bitmaps, both of the same size, and it means some fiddling is > > > required to for the user to create them > > > > Allow to load pixmaps. They can have a shape. > > Require that they only have two colors plus the shape (color "None"). > > Or dither them if they have more colors... ;-) > > Hmm. You mean bitmap files which have a mask? That might confuse > users who don't understand masks/try to save images in formats (like gif) > that don't know what a mask is. And obviously a bitmap without a mask > is going to make a pretty strange cursor. I've meant XPM -- X Pixmap Files. The file format that our icons are. Some versions of Gif also have a mask bit, btw. In fact you can read any file format that has a mask and two extra colors. Aren't there PNG versions that have a mask too? --Stefan