List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KControl root cursor applet
From:       Jo Dillon <emily () thelonious ! new ! ox ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1999-07-19 10:51:58

I've written a KControl applet which allows users to set the mouse cursor
on the root window. It works fine, but I don't want to limit the user
to just the Qt standard cursors; what do people think is the best way of
handling custom ones?

A tab on the applet with a simple bitmap editor - seems a bit bloated

A facility for importing bitmap files from a paint tool - they'd need
  to be 1bpp bitmaps, both of the same size, and it means some fiddling is
  required to for the user to create them

Defining a specific cursor file format, a la windows. This would mean
  a specific application would be needed to create the cursor files,
  which seems an unnecessary amount of hassle. On the other hand we
  could maybe make it identical with Windows cursor files, which w ould have
  its advantages

Also, any chance of CVS access so I can commit the applet? If anyone wants
to have a look at it first I can do that.

--

	Jo