On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Harri Porten wrote: > I agree that the situation is somewhat desolate. Everybody seems to > think that it is enough to let the CVS stew for some months and make > another release without having actually touched anything. > We definetely need a public beta release before calling it final. I'm > sure that some packagers will even produce binaries if they're given > some time. IMHO we urgently need snapshot of the stable branch ASAP. On the other hand I am very confident that the packagers will also produce beta packages for testing. We have take care about our reputation ;-) Coolo: Is the any way to make stable snapshots? KDE-PR: Can we make an announcement when the stable branch is ready for beta testing for the masses? Regards, -- martin // Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany // KDE: A stable GUI for a reliable OS.