List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    drag and drop proxy object
From:       <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1999-07-13 23:05:18

What's the best way to make a widget a drop target without inheriting it
and overriding dragEnterEvent() and dropEvent()?  The way I have come up
with (untested, as of yet, because I want to see if there are better ways)
is to call setAcceptDrops(true) for the widget, and then install an event
filter on that widget monitoring for DragEnter and Drop events.  This is
the only way I can see getting some drag and drop stuff going for a widget
without inheritance.  Am I right?

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat, Inc.