At Sun, 11 Jul 1999 Mosfet wrote: > I've added diagonal gradients to KPixmap, thus the following method is obselete: > (...) > I have updated kcmdisplay so it uses the new enums, but have not added the > diagonal one. I'm not too familiar with the kbgndwm stuff, so the maintainer > may want to look at it. Kwm uses it's own titlebar gradient code... probably > should change that also. Is there a reason it's not using KPixmap's? (...) Yes. Shortly before releasing 1.0, we had serious trouble with horizontal gradients in kwm, which caused delays up to 5 seconds on slow machines when switching windows. The main problem was the very slow dithering code in KPixmap´s gradientfill. Because we could not fix KPixmap that time, I implemented a special mode for kwm. If you can replace it without to much performance penalty, fine. Ciao, Mario -- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -- Eleanor Roosevelt