List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KTreeList
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-07-10 23:25:16

Mario Weilguni <mweilguni@sime.com> wrote:

>> KTreeList is really quite big and could be replaced so easily...
>> I even volunteer fixing the other apps. Comments please.
> I had a lot of hassle when using KTreeList within kppp, and donīt want
> to touch it ever again.

Well, I realized the hassle while trying to port it to QListView :-)

> Removing it is a good idea. The API sucks, it looks ugly (Torbenīs
> kfm treelist is much nicer), and it has still some bugs.

QListView doesn't seem to be much better at the moment, at least
QListView::ensureItemVisible() doesn't seem to work :(

The new code basically works, there seems to be only a problem with
config-reading/writing that is not related to QListView. It doesn't
correnctly read AcctEnabled() here.

Additionally some layout fixes are missing.

--
Dirk A. Mueller