Waldo Bastian wrote: > > Harri Porten wrote: > > > Would it be feasible to feature-freeze kdelibs in the > > > first week of august? > > > > I strongly agree with offering a first "snapshot" to the public > > soon to attract new developers or let 1.1 app developers catch > > up. The word "feature-freeze" sounds a bit too limiting in my > > ears, though. > > Sorry for the misunderstanding. > > What I mean is that we can do a "feature-freeze" to get things > stable a bit so that we can do this 1.89 release. After that > things can get "unfrozen" again. Oh. That's what you meant. I have to admit that I seem to have misunderstood your question in either way ;) > It would of course be nice if not too much heavy (interface) modifications happened > afterwards, so if anyone had any plans > for big modifications it might be usefull to that before 1.89. > That's why I am asking. > > I see no problem in adding stuff or doing small changes after > 1.89. (Or even big changes if that appears to be necassery). Ok. I wouldn't expect major API changes for the average developer anyway. Some components might undergo some changes but I believe that they'll just affect the cooperation between kdelibs and kdebase programms. These will be handled by a limited group of developers anyway. Harri.