List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.89
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-07-06 13:58:19

Harri Porten wrote:
> > Would it be feasible to feature-freeze kdelibs in the
> > first week of august?
>
> I strongly agree with offering a first "snapshot" to the public
> soon to attract new developers or let 1.1 app developers catch
> up. The word "feature-freeze" sounds a bit too limiting in my
> ears, though.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

What I mean is that we can do a "feature-freeze" to get things
stable a bit so that we can do this 1.89 release. After that
things can get "unfrozen" again.

It would of course be nice if not too much heavy (interface) modifications happened \
afterwards, so if anyone had any plans
for big modifications it might be usefull to that before 1.89.
That's why I am asking.

I see no problem in adding stuff or doing small changes after
1.89. (Or even big changes if that appears to be necassery).

Cheers,
Waldo
--
KDE, A New Millennium, A New Desktop                      http://www.kde.org