List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: DialogBase and KAboutDialog in kdelibs/kdeui
From:       Mirko Sucker <mirko.sucker () unibw-hamburg ! de>
Date:       1999-07-06 22:40:06

Hello,
like we discussed on LinuxTag in Kaiserslautern, I added two classes to the KDE
user interface library:

° DialogBase (dialogbase.h, dialogbase.cpp):

A class that manages common tasks required for writing up-to-date dialogs. It
provides "OK", "Apply" and "Cancel" buttons, tooltips, quickhelp, a link to
show the help window, some frames and general geometry management. To use it,
simply create a widget that suits as the main part of the dialog, set its
minimum size and hand it over to a DialogBase object as the dialogs "main
widget". Mostly it is not needed to derive a own dialog class.

° KAboutDialog (kaboutdialog.h, kaboutdialog.cpp):

A general about dialog for KDE apps, providing logos, displays for author,
maintainer, an arbitrary number of contributors and  email and homepage URLs.
Again, to use it, only a sequence of calls is needed, no new class.

---------
I have an example for both (KAboutDialog is a DialogBase) called
kaboutdialog_test.cc, is there a place to put it?

Greetings,
--Mirko.
--
Denn der  Mensch  liebt und ehrt den  Menschen,  solange er ihn
nicht zu beurteilen vermag, und die Sehnsucht ist ein Erzeugnis