List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Preparing 1.89 (Was: KDE 1.2 - some additions)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-07-02 10:16:31

Torsten Rahn wrote:

> > I think we can just use the 1.89 release for this. It makes
>
> Nope! We can't!
>
> > no sense to have another release for artists only. Once the
> > 1.1.2/1.2 is released we should try to do a fast release cycle
> > to get 1.89 out. (e.g. 2 weeks preparing libs + 2 weeks lib
> > freeze = 4 weeks).
>
> O.k.,  estimating that KDE 1.2 will be out by end of august this
> would mean that the artist-team would have to  *wait* at least
> *four weeks* until they could begin their work! (And this would
> be quite senseless!) Not enough that this is a complete waste
>  of time:

In that case we can try to do a 1.89-prerelease (aimed at the
artists) at the same time as 1.2. This pre-release can then act
as a base for the real 1.89 release which should then appear
about 4 weeks laters. This prerelease will not be announced then
since we want to focus the attention to 1.2.

Do people see problems with this time-frame?

Cheers,
Waldo
--
KDE, A New Millennium, A New Desktop                      http://www.kde.org